Hamilton Media Guild (HMG) is a local platform that aims to connect both emerging young professionals and media industry experts to explore and develop leadership potential in their field.
Hamilton Media Guild has had much success in connecting young and seasoned media professionals through local networking events within the last year. To keep this momentum going, HMG requires volunteers interested in journalism, media production, and event planning.
Hamilton Media Guild is currently seeking volunteers for numerous roles within the organization. These roles and their requirements include:
- Plans and coordinates quarterly networking events.
- Seeks out and confirms venue, caterer and sponsors when necessary.
- Implements events on limited budget.
- Works with other volunteers to market event to larger audience.
- Strong interest in events coordination is key.
Social Media Community Manager
- Craft a minimum 21 tweets a week as well as seven Facebook Posts per week.
- Engage with HMG’s online community on a a regular basis.
- Set up of monthly e-newsletter and test newsletter.
- Send to broader contact list.
- Experience using Mailchimp is an asset.
Events Listings Coordinator
- Searches and seeks out media related events in the Hamilton community and posts them to the Hamilton Media Guild website.
- Experience using WordPress is an asset.
- Interview local media professionals to profile on the Hamilton Media Guild website.
- Submit a minimum of two, 500-550 word articles within one calendar year.
- Must show interest in creative writing or journalism.
Hamilton Media Guild is a collaborative working group. Volunteers can take on multiple roles. Interested volunteers can email HMG Chair, Sherry Mousavi at email@example.com. Include in your headline HMG Volunteer Position. Please submit your email along with a resume by Sunday, May 10, 2015 for consideration.